This is a step by step tutorial on how to activate the free flexible ssl certificate from Cloudflare to secure your wordpress website so it displays https.
Here is a document with the instructions if needs:
I also have written out the steps to follow on this blog post:
What You Will Need:
Make sure have Cloudflare account & using Cloudflare nameservers for a domain
1. Step 1 – Open your Cloudflare account
2. Step 2 – Make sure flexible SSL certificate enabled under “Crypto” tab
3. Step 3 – Open your WordPress dashboard
4. Step 4 – Install and activate 2 plugins:
– Cloudflare – Add Cloudflare email and “global” api code and then click on https setting in plugin
– Really Simple SSL – Click to turn on
5. Step 5 – Go back & open Cloudflare account
6. Step 6 – Go to “Page Rules” tab
7. Step 7 – Add page rule: http://*example.com/* Choose “Always use HTTPS”
8. Step 8 – Check that your wordpress website is secure now & displays the green security lock symbol to be done.
My recommended hosting company is Siteground which you can get here: https://www.siteground.com/index.htm?afcode=0cb95c7e5fbcce1103bc0b4d6db363a0